Materialise Magics Fit2Ship Module
The Automated Solution for Fast and Efficient Fixture Design & Shipping
With FormFit, you can easily protect very large & fragile parts:
- As raw material for the foam, we recommend EPS which has excellent shipping properties:
- Lightweight material.
- Good shock absorption.
- Moisture resistance.
- Easy to handle.
- With FormFit, a large amount of time can be saved on packaging file creation.
- Packaging files have no undercuts, so they don’t require multi-axis milling machines (less expensive 3-axis milling machines can be used).
- Fabrication of the foams can be outsourced, so no need to invest in (expensive) machinery.
RapidFit easy-to-use, cost-effective fixtures enable you to:
- Conduct visual controls of prototypes & pre-series.
- Enhance quality control inspections.
- Ensure geometric stability & conformity.
- Simplify operations on complex parts.
- Achieve professional part presentations & demonstrations.
The RapidFit fast & unique solution for fixture design:
- Provides automated fixture design in only a few steps.
Create the support system with base plates and/or beams. Indicate the contact points where fixture elements are needed and define the type of contact (for example, orientation of fixture base and contact; shape of fixture base). Let Materialise Magics RapidFit create the fixture element, precisely fitting the contact to the part automatically.
- Creates fixtures with unique & well-defined geometry.
- Fits easily & quickly with parts.
- Is compatible with any modular fixturing system (beams and plates).
- Ensures time- and cost-effective production.
- Generates documents to guide the fixture assembly.